Thursday, May 31, 2012

What a Continuum!

It seems like yesterday
That i saw the bluebird
Chirping at the window sill,
I hear my grandma say still,
it was her favorite blue jay
it was a gorgeous evening
birds were flocking warmly
and there he goes
along with the wind
grandma's blue jay
like a prince among his kind
last night I dreamt,
i am back in those days
my kittens hiding
under the wooden trunk
about the size of a small room
my hands too tiny
They could fit in the narrow passage
Between the wall and the trunk
So I could lure the kitten
To come fetch the cookie in my hand
To my vain she hissed and waved her paw
I dropped the cookie and ran away in awe
I pulled some courage
Went to her again
Sounded as if I was a kitten
As I went on conversing in kitten!
My mom called me and
I went into the kitchen,
There I saw cats ten
Surrounding my grandpa's
Plate as he shared his dinner
With each one of them
Particularly of interest
Was the one with only eye
He was too kind as it was also
Limping as he walked,
He may have been blinded because
He was too nagging
Think someone may have hit him
So the grandpa was all too kind to
Feed each one of them
Was that yesterday, oh no!
It is so many years!
I remember all that as I am
Talking to my grand niece,
Who writes poems about
Beautiful gardens and lakes
And misty air with birds
Chirping in the air!
As she recites, i see her
Bright eyes matching with her flair!
All of a sudden it struck me
The blue jay that has shown me
Passion to song and rhyme
Was home from the shore,
Not yesterday but
At least a couple of scores before

No comments:

Post a Comment