Thursday, November 16, 2023

Happiness Shirt

Happiness I wear, 
As a cloak of colors
You will find in me
Plenty of colors, from indigo to blue
From maroon to beige
My shirt shines as I walk in the sun
Meeting fine people at the event halls
I look happy,
Greet everyone with a spark in my eyes
So is it my beautiful shirt
That makes me happy, looking pretty
Like icing on the cake, or topping with a cherry
Lol, laughing out aloud, I hear someone with not a worry
What happens when you pour some sauce or wine?
With a chuckle they ask, do you fuss and whine?
I knew, it would be so, glancing at 
My beautiful sequin tunic shimmering 
Is happiness in the shirt or is it in you?
There is no one or no place where you could be happy all the while..
Most of the moments are like shimmering sequins
Some may be like diamonds, some just so rusted..
I am happy, once I shed all my pretenses,
Looking at the monarch butterflies, and flying dragonflies
Birds of paradise or nightingale, even Robins or blue jays
They just wish me luck and keep flying by
Mystery solved I thought, as the sequins shined once more!

No comments:

Post a Comment