Thursday, January 27, 2022

Krishnam! Vande Jagadgurum!

I would not want to cry out your name

I would not want to think of you in pain

I know Summers are long and winters are too cold

Yet I know waiting for you beats them bold

I am so longing to see you smile and give me your sweet love

Although I know I am asking for the moon, my love!

Last night I cannot recall what I dreamt

This morning what I ate, I hardly remember

Yet the shining star on the Southwest  horizon,

Gleaming in its blue tint and smiling

Leads me to the bright orange Red one

Looking down at me, and boldly pronouncing its name fighting off the hunter with his Scimitar Orion

And looking at the lovely Pleiades sisters seven, where 'Shadow becomes a shy sky'

Calling itself Aldebaran or the Bull’s eye The Red one

You are the star when my Beloved arrived into this world,

Of Vrishni clan the hero fighting Orion,

His morning Star of birth the giver of wisdom Rohini

I am never going to say His name,

Except that He is charioteer of warrior the valiant Archer, Arjun

Who is revered by the world as Teacher of Parabrahmam!!

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Uma, this is a beautiful, amazing poem! I love it! I enjoy reading it! We always have been a fan of yours and your poetry! Keep on writing and keep on sharing! Thank you very much for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete