Sunday, April 24, 2022

Krishna, Mine!

Time traveller

That He, took me

Into his heart

I saw the mountains,

Cowherds and calves

Grazing cows on

Lush green pastures

Wind was so cold,

That I could not stand.

Shivering to the bone

Was I, looking for

My beloved cowherd

I saw thousands of

Them cows and calves

Little boys in their

Loin cloths, jumping

And laughing all the way

Happiness with no bounds

I was enjoying the sight

And looking for

The guy with the flute

Wearing yellow clad

Adorning peacock feathers

On His beautiful crown

Looking at the cows

With such love

He smiles at them

As though they are

Angels walking on earth

To give life and sustain too

I was cold and couldn’t withhold 

My life in me anymore,

Within, this poor soul

Striving to keep me alive

I couldn’t find Him

Almost forever, yet His

Kindness is so abound

Gracing me with His

Questioning looks

He conveyed me a million words

I am yet to decipher what He meant,

When I demanded,

'Krishna, they say when we call you for help

You will rescue in not a glimpse',

 As I was

Lying on the carpet

In my living room,

I heard Him tap something

So I could hear with my ears

I told my hubby, in my dream

Look, I am not going to wake up now,

My eyes are still looking at Him,

Cannot let my dream slide away

Little did I know Who That was

Who picked up the soft Afghan

And covered me

Around my shoulders,

Pressing them softly,

Yet strong, as to feel the gentle squeeze

I told my husband I wasn’t

Going to come out of my dream

That was so precious , happy and joyous

That I kept them eyes closed,

Little did I know Who that was,

Slowly it went into my head

That the time was about three in the morning

And hubby was resting on his cozy bed,

 Leaving me alone, as I was, 

Too sleepy to walk into my room,

Watching some Disney movie or whatever was on streaming, I stayed back..

I quickly gathered myself,

Tucked in the warm Afghan

Asked my hubby, if

He came out to tuck me in

Gently and warmly

By the looks of his,  I could see

He did not stir out since he slid

Under the sheets and warm comforter,

Covered under a thick blanket,

Why would one want to

Come out of those, and face the chilling coldness?

That I was covered as someone squeezed me

Was a truth, as real as I could feel..

Do not ask me if I saw somone other than Krishna,

For Krishna, is here, My very own!

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting poem.
    Out of body experience in a dream.
    Yet remembering everything in such details.
    It can be understood by only that who experienced and can not be desribed in words. Yet a nice effort to put it in a poem.

    ReplyDelete